Get Up! Get Done! -A quick guide for efficient time management
June 10, 2017|LivestylePeople

Get Up! Get Done! -A quick guide for efficient time management

Get Up! Get Done! -A quick guide for efficient time management

A simple phone call to the Car Service Centre would have saved me forty thousand rupees.Time Management has become a nightmare for me. I still had 10 days left for my car warranty to expire, the window stopped rolling up and down. Since I was able to drive the vehicle without much discomfort, I took this malfunction lightly and did not inform the service centre. After a month when the car went for service, I was asked to shell the money out of my pocket to get that fixed. Alas! It pained, badly! Just to top it up, a coupon worth five thousand rupees from my credit card company expired last week, Unused!

This brings me to the point that every year we lose multiple opportunities and thousands of rupees because of not acting on time.

An action not taken on time is equal to inaction. Time Management requires more alertness than effort.

Juggling through the maize of endless ‘To Do’ list is a super human task in today’s time. Really? No, we need to come out of this excuse.

Since the time Facebook came into existence, productivity worth 3.5 trillion dollar has been lost, as per the study by NBC. This study doesn’t include time spent on Instagram, WhatsApp and other social sites. The age in which billions of productive hours are wasted scrolling the smartphone, the reasoning of not having enough time is indefensible.

Our life is occupied responding to urgent calls, so many important actions get missed in the process. Generally we end up neglecting things, which are important, but not urgent due to poor time management.

In this digital age, our need to reorganise life has become paramount. Some of the good ways to start are:

1. Automate the bill payments: Be it insurance, home loan, electricity, mobile or credit card. Set up automated bill payments. This will save time, stress and penalties you end up paying in case of missing the due date.
  2. Minimise the Distraction: Most of us have multiple credit cards. Use only one for routine transactions. Others can be kept for emergencies. The same goes for bank accounts.
  3. Weekly Stock Take: Make a ‘To Do List’ of important tasks on weekly basis and mention an action date against each task. Make sure the list is ticked by end of the week.
  4. Do it Now: Many of the things could be resolved with a simple phone call, text or a ping on WhatsApp. Do it right away.
  5. Generosity works: We receive coupons, credits or vouchers, which we do not require. Restrain yourself from the temptation of using it later and gift them to friends or somebody who would value it.

Trust me, this works!

22 comments

Vivek

Vivek is a life coach, blogger and an author in progress. He can be reached at thevivekspeaks@gmail.com.

22 comments

• Rammi
    June 11, 2017 at 2:17 am

A very helpful article. I tried to follow suggestions from 1-4 but lags for no 5. I think need to work on it. Thanks Vivek!

• June 11, 2017 at 7:30 am

Great. Happy to hear that you follow these.

• Shantanu
    June 11, 2017 at 3:41 am

Dear Vivek, it’s an eye opening article and every body should follow these in our practical life. Not only it will save our time and manage our daily or weekly or monthly routine, but these practices will make our whole life easier and very smooth… Thanks for this post… Keep posting such motivational articles…

• June 11, 2017 at 7:31 am

Thank you Shantanu for your kindness. Happy that you find it so useful.

• r.bhatt
    June 11, 2017 at 4:11 am

An easy flowing convincing write up. We simply avoid these tips,and quite often the reasons are subtler – inertia , alienation and avoidance because of some deep rooted frustration frozen in the subconscious. This makes the vicious circle complete and things become more difficult. Write on such themes also as your style makes even subtle things so simple.
    Thanks and regards.

• June 11, 2017 at 7:32 am

So kind of you sir. Will surely write on such topics soon

• Trideep Raj
    June 11, 2017 at 5:35 am

Very true Vivek!! These are simple but very effective strategies which not only saves us time/money in future but also gives us a right way and stress less living , thanks for sharing Vivek, really appreciate!!

• June 11, 2017 at 7:33 am

Thank you too buddy. Appreciated your kindness

• Ranjan kumar
    June 11, 2017 at 6:28 am

Very simple and helpful.keep it Vivek bhai
    Awesome

• June 11, 2017 at 7:33 am

Bahut aabhaar sir. Will surely continue

• Amritansh Kishore
    June 11, 2017 at 4:46 pm

Very nicely articulated Vivek ji- it’s very nicely illustrated as well- the whole idea is to organise & discipline yourself , a bit so as not to lose/ miss opportunities / important deadlines.

• June 13, 2017 at 2:57 pm

Thank you Amritansh Ji. Completely agree

• Shubha Sagar
    June 12, 2017 at 5:12 am

A short and sweet guide, a useful one! A to do list is a must…I do that regularly and tick it at the end of the day but merely ticking did not help because at the end of each day, there were things on the list that were not accomplished. So I went a step ahead and starting giving myself a score…a 5/10 would remind me that I need to buck up and a 8/10 and above would give me satisfaction. And yes…generosity works…rather is a must!

• June 13, 2017 at 3:05 pm

Thank you Mami Ji. Your trick adds further value to this blog. It’s a very good idea to rate yourself in order to keep you motivated.

• Shubhendu Dutta
    June 12, 2017 at 8:53 am

Good one!! Managing time is a perennial challenge but with increasing distraction it has become acute today.. So, these simple things really work wonders…
    Keep it up!!

• June 13, 2017 at 3:09 pm

Thank you Shubhendu for dropping by. Many simple things put together make our life extra-ordinary.

• Brijendra Dhup
    June 13, 2017 at 7:11 am

Dear Vivek,
    I have been delivering Sessions on Time Management for ages but the manner in which in a very lucid and simple language you have highlighted important issues that get neglected while we are entrapped in irrelevant time consuming activities and the height of it is we are becoming subservient to these non productive habits.
    Thanks these illustrations will help me deliver my workshops better.
    Kudos !!

• June 13, 2017 at 3:08 pm

Thanks Brijendra for your kind words. I’m happy that you found it useful.

• Pranav
    June 13, 2017 at 2:29 pm

Really nice write-up Vivek. And quite useful tips. Have been doing 1 for already for quite a while. Will try following others too. Good work. Happy blogging 😊

• June 13, 2017 at 3:11 pm

Thanks a ton Pranav for your kind words. Happy that you found it useful 🙂

• Pramit
    June 14, 2017 at 7:28 am

Vivek
    The message is very well delivered and motivating enough for practicing…keep it up…

• June 14, 2017 at 2:42 pm

Thank you so very much sir, for your kind words 🙂